Happy Giving Tuesday! Thanks to the support of generous people like you, Serenity Farm Virginia is rescuing and rehabilitating animals from a life of misery and neglect.
Here is a quick look at the highlights so far this year:
- Four neglected and emaciated puppies were rescued from near death, rehabilitated, and adopted by loving families.
- Donquie and his mother Hodie moved in with Edgar, giving him the donkey companionship he needed and allowing this mother and son to remain together for life.
- A family of four bonded miniature silky fainting goats joined the goat herd.
- Our cats Gracie and Smokey, and Pixie dog were each featured in a national pet publication.
- Two grants totaling $2,500 were awarded for the care of the animals.
- The Holistic Wellness Advisory Committee was created to further our goal to provide a natural and healing environment for all of the animals.
- Petunia started her own line of merchandise!
This Giving Tuesday we are raising funds to construct a Senior Goat Habitat that includes a temperature-controlled house with a cushioned floor. We hope to raise $10,000 which includes the cost of the habitat and a fund to provide therapies such as acupuncture and massage to keep our older friends comfortable. This project is in honor of Nutmeg, who passed away in his sleep yesterday at age 12, and his sister Lily who passed away last year.
Please consider a tax deductible deduction to help us reach our goal.